Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What ELSE can go wrong?

So I posted yesterday morning for the first time after a long hiatus.  Then the world went insane.  Not for the blog, but everything else.  Super highs (asked to write an article for an art magazine!  Society6 including two of my works in their store!  Shameless plug: society6.com/jowoso) to super lows.  The lows being an emergency vet visit for two animals, one of which is our beloved dog, Simon, who is almost 12.  Going to the vet was bad enough, but Simon is having liver problems, not the Lyme disease I suspected.  We're talking major care issues that will probably not end well.

All this to say that after all that, and after watching CNN student news (excellent resource, btw) and doing spelling, the kids took on their math themselves, and I went food shopping in the evening.  I don't know if it was the fibro or if anyone would feel this way, but I was in the store in a daze trying to think of what we needed.  And I stopped at one point.

Was I being fair?  Fair to myself in this moment?  After such a day, shouldn't I let myself of  the hook just a little?  So next time you are feeling overwhelmed, take a moment.  Take a breath.  Then take stock.  Are you legitimately dealing with a hard day?  Do you need to cut yourself some slack?  Just get the milk and eggs, and remember that tomorrow is another day.  Sometimes the bigger details can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment